2. WHO IS RESPONSIBLE FOR MANAGING YOUR INFORMATION?
Caro London and the website www.carolondon.com is owned, operated and maintained by:
The Studio @ St Jude's, Thwaite Common, Norwich, Norfolk, NR11 7QG
Tel: 00 44 (0)1603 661 333
3. WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
If you make a purchase from us, we will need certain information from you in order to process your order. This information includes your name, billing address, delivery address, email address and telephone number.
If you subscribe to our e-newsletter, we require your name and email address in order to communicate with you.
4. HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
The information you provide may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- To process and deliver your order - if you request a ‘Signed for’ delivery, we might need to contact you to update you on the tracking information or if we have a delivery problem or if we need to talk to you about your order.
- To tell you about other products, promotions, sales and news we think may be of interest to you (when you subscribe to our e-newsletter).
- To manage your enquiries and orders.
5. HOW DO WE MANAGE YOUR INFORMATION?
We understand that privacy and security is very important to all our customers:
- We secure all our website transactions using https technology.
- Access to your personal data is password protected and sensitive data e.g. payment card information is secured by SSL encryption.
- If we transfer your personal data to our service providers outside the European Economic Area, we will always use a lawful method to do so.
6. WHO WE MAY SHARE YOUR INFORMATION WITH?
In order to provide you with the products and services that we offer, we may share your information with our service providers. We only provide the information they need to fulfil their specific services and examples of the kind of third parties we work with include:
- Direct marketing organisations (we use Mailchimp to process our e-newsletter).
- Payment card processors. (We use Sagepay and Paypal to process your online payments).
- IT companies who support our website and other business systems.
- Operational companies such as couriers and Royal Mail to fulfil your orders/deliveries.
- Google/Facebook to show you products that might interest you while you are browsing the internet. (This is based on either your marketing consent or your acceptance of cookies on our website - see our Cookies information below).
We only transfer your personal data to service providers where we are satisfied that this is lawful and that adequate levels of protection are in place to protect the integrity and security of your data both in the UK and internationally.
We may also disclose your personal data without your permission in connection with any prospective legal proceedings to establish, exercise or defend our legal rights.
If in the unlikely event that our business is ever sold to or purchased by another company, our data records will be included as part of our business assets.
7. ON WHAT LEGAL BASIS WILL WE PROCESS YOUR INFORMATION?
We will always process your personal information on lawful grounds and in particular on the grounds set out below.
If you make a purchase from Caro London, we will use the details that you provide to process your order. These details include your name, billing address, delivery address, email address, telephone number and payment details to fulfil your order. Without this information, we will be unable to process your order.
8. YOUR RIGHTS
You can contact us at any time to have access to your information, to update it or have it removed from our records.
9. THE RIGHT TO WITHDRAW CONSENT
There are several ways you can stop receiving marketing communications from us:
- Click the unsubscribe link in any e-newsletter that we send you.
- If you have a Caro London account, log in and update your preferences.
- Write to us at Caro London, The Studio @ St Jude's, Thwaite Common, Norwich, Norfolk, NR11 7QG.
10. HOW LONG DO WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA?
When we collect and/or process your personal data, we will only keep it for as long as is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. At the end of that retention period, your data will be completely deleted or anonymised so that it can be used in a non-identifiable way for statistical analysis and future business planning.
When you place an order with us, we will keep the personal data that you provide for seven years so that we are able to comply with our legal and contractual obligations.
If you sign up to receive our e-newsletter, you will remain on our mailing list until the time that you choose to unsubscribe.
11. MAKING A COMPLAINT
If you feel that your data has not been handled correctly or you are unhappy with our response to any requests regarding the use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (www.ico.org.uk, Tel: 0303 1231113).
If you are based outside the UK, you have the right to lodge your complaint with the relevant data protection officer in your country.
Cookies help us to provide you with a better website experience, by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or anything about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
Cookies also allow us to store your name and address information (so you do not have to enter your details every time you order) and also to remember details of the products that you have added to your basket.
Cookies are stored on the hard drive of your computer and you can choose to accept, decline or disable these.